I spent much of the day today trimming down the centerboard and rudder weights. The top surface is not smooth as poured and if there is extra lead the halves don't fit together well.
The lead is soft and can be worked with woodworking tools like scraper, bench plane, etc., but that's a lot more work than I thought it would be.
I resorted to my old Atlas shaper to do the job.
I had to reposition the weights to get the parts that were under the clamps. And the centerboard weights exceeded the capacity of the machine, so had to move them around a couple times.
Here's a shot of the underside of a centerboard weight as poured. I ended up filling in some of the larger voids with fresh lead.
This whole process took a lot longer than I had hoped, and it will be good to have it all glued together.