I'm finally nearing the end of the hatch construction. I finished laminating the backing plates,
leaving me with a stack that all needed to be cleaned up of squeeze out, corners rounded and edges routed.
Then I could epoxy them to the hatch covers. Again I used the trick I've mentioned before, of inducing a little twist in the opposite direction of the twist in present in the hatch lid. After the epoxy cures and the clamps are removed I end up with near perfect flatness in the lid, which is important for the seal against the gasket.
Then it's time to coat the bare wood with epoxy, sand, and coat again.
Here I'm installing the backing plates for the round hatches in B4 and the aft seat tops.