I've been thinking about how to finish off the front of the seat edges. The plans call for a square corner, and then a cleat 3/4" below the edge to provide a ledge for boards spanning the cockpit for a sleeping platform or rowing seat.
I was interested in easing the edge of the seat and gaining a little additional width. I prototyped the shape shown in the photo below, which accomplishes that, and also provides a ledge to insert boards across the cockpit. If I do use boards I expect to make them with a cleat underneath to fit the slot so that the top ends up even with the seat tops.
When I put my edge idea in the boat, though, I could see that I was going to have some interference with the centerboard uphaul line. I threaded the line through the pulley and taped it down at the angle I expect it to run.
I plan to place a copper pipe in the seat edging to route the line, and I was pleased to see that it would exit the bottom of the edging in a fairly short distance. The pencil line below shows the expected path of the copper tube.
With the plan in place, I started cutting stock for the two seat edges. To keep the 6' 9" pieces under control during glue-up I decided to route a tongue and groove arrangement as shown below. I sized the center piece to have a slot 13/16" high - enough to fit a standard 3/4" board with a little play.
Next I will round the edges and glue things up.