With the cabin roof in place, it was now time to dress up the edges. I could see when I positioned the roof that I would have some work to do, as things didn't line up quite right.
First I cut and fit the doublers that go aft of B4 to see how things were lining up.
And I believe I have made another little mistake here. I think the cabin roof doubler should fit above the cabin side doubler, not inside it. But I had already cut it too short to do that...
Here you can see that I'll need to add a little material to the back end of the cabin side.
First glue-up was the cabin roof doublers on both the fore and aft edges.
And then I attached the cabin side doublers.
With the front doubler in place you can see that the cabin roof is skewed. This looks pretty bad here, but I really can't see anything out of line just looking at the boat, so I'm not worried about this. I did so some careful measuring of the roof panel, to see if I could blame this on a mis-cut part, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
I think that although bulkheads B1-B4 are held with the correct spacing with an alignment jig at assembly time, I must have had some twist in there somewhere so they are not quite square with the fore-aft center line.
So I got a bit of scrap plywood out, made one edge straight,
and glued it on
and after the epoxy cured I trimmed it to size and sanded it, and it looks good. Will be invisible under the paint.
A similar pieced was needed on the aft edge of the roof
And after a bit of sanding this looks good, too. I haven't trimmed the end here and the rear edge has not been planed or rounded over.
Next I moved on to address the back edge of the cabin sides. Here you can see that I needed to extend the sides aft a bit.
So I cut a piece of scrap ply to fit and installed that with epoxy.
After trimming and sanding, this looks good. Mistakes or inaccuracies like this are easily recovered from (and that's good!).