Thursday, January 23, 2014

Rudder/centerboard work and more puzzle joints

Since last update I have been epoxy coating and sanding more parts, and am running out of those.  I've been finishing up the rudder and centerboard by adding  fiberglass cloth to the trailing edges and the top edges.


Then I got a little carried away and started applying epoxy mixed for fairing, but just realized while writing this I haven't put on the dynel cloth on the front edges, so will need to backtrack a bit on that.



I also glued up the puzzle joints in the deck side pieces tonight.  One more puzzle joint glue up to go, where these side pieces are joined to the front piece.  I plan to do that before assembling the jig for the boat, which will take up a lot of my workspace.



No comments:

Post a Comment