Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Mast trunk assembly

Tonight I assembled the mast trunk.  It's great to finally start putting something together!

It was a little bit tricky to get everything aligned and square and fixed in place while sliding around on epoxy thickened with silica.  I used a bunch of clamps, but just snugged them up enough to bring parts into place without squeezing out all the glue.

In two locations I fixed things in place with my 23-gauge pin nailer and 1" stainless pins.  You can just see the tiny holes here.  I had removed the plastic tip guard to clear a jam and forgot to reinstall it, so the pins are set a little deep.

And since I had a little left over epoxy, I used that to glue together the puzzle joint joining the two halves of bulkhead 7.

No comments:

Post a Comment